Earlier this week I shared all about how I “batched” my breakfasts. Today’s Tool-Tip is all about using Nozbe Categories to batch tasks and get more done.
Categories in Nozbe can help you define a context or location where a task should be completed. They can be used to combine “like-tasks” together.
To get to your Categories list click the flag in the left menu.
Set up your own Categories using the + in the bottom-right of the Categories menu.
Here’s a snapshot of the Categories I use each day. I’m constantly experimenting with these, so my process is always evolving.
- Most Important Tasks – Each morning I pick the 3-5 tasks I must get done. This category helps me filter tasks in my Priority list.
- Finance – keeps everything dealing with my money in one place.
- Someday/Maybe – some of the things I might get to soon.
- Calls – yep, all the calls I have to make. Some of them are repeating tasks such as calling my parents.
- Evernote Reminders – these are notes in Evernote that I added a reminder to.
- Errands – all the stuff that needs to get done when I’m out and about.
- Waiting – all the tasks I’m waiting for a response on to move it forward.
Here’s how I really use Categories.
If I’ve got some downtime or even scheduled time to make calls, I open Nozbe, pull up my Categories list, tap Calls, and I’m on my way to getting more done.
This works for emails, finance, and running errands.
During my weekly review, I open each category and review each task to see if I need to “star” it to make it a Priority.
Categories are one of the backbones of my productivity system. Nozbe is the one app that actually handles them well.